2018-2019 NorthWest Region Meet Schedule
- December 1-2, 2018: Turkey Showdown (Puyallup) (Results)
- January 19-21, 2019: Auburn Invitational (Results)
- February 2-3, 2019: NSC Tac-Town Invitational (Tacoma Armory) (Results)
- March 15-17, 2019: Battle in Seattle (Federal Way) (Results)
- April 27-28, 2019: Spokane Classic
- May 31-June 2, 2019: Northwest Regional Championships (Puyallup)
- May 7-14, 2019: USA Track & Road Championships – Colorado Springs, CO
- July 30 – August 6, 2009: Indoor National Championships – Spokane, WA
- October 25-28, 2018: USARS 2018 Fall Banked Track Training Camp, Pembroke Pines, FL
- April 4-7, 2019: USARS 2019 Spring [Banked] Track Camp, Colorado Springs, CO
- February 2, 2019: NSC 31 – Professional Speed Skating – Tacoma Armory
- July 5-14, 2019: World Roller Games (FIRS) 2019 – Barcelona, Spain
- October 6-18, 2018: 2018 Buenos Aires Youth Olympic Games – Buenos Aires, Argentina
- August 4, 2018: Minnesota Inline Half Marathon (f) – St. Paul, MN
- August 25, 2018: Rollin’ on the River Inline Marathon (f) – Grand Forks, ND
September 1-3, 2018: NIRA Nationals, Roanoke, VACANCELLED
- September 15, 2018: Northshore Inline Marathon (f) – Duluth, MN
- October 14, 2018: Athens to Atlanta (f) – Athens, GA
- October 21, 2018: Saguaro Sunrise Skate (f) – Oro Valley, AZ
- January 19-21, 2019: Emerald Coast Indoor/Outdoor Challenge, Milton, FL
- February 15-17, 2019: 2019 Blue Ridge Challenge – Roanoke, VA
- April 18-21, 2019: The Orlando Indoor/Outdoor Classic – Orlando, FL
- October 20, 2019: Saguaro Sunrise Skate (f) – Oro Valley, AZ
As I Was Saying
Get play-by-play results and commentary on many events from the NorthWest’s very own Ami at her AS I WAS SAYING blog.
SSNW Events Calendar
Speed Skating Class
Open Session Speed Skating
Do you have the need for speed? Speed skating builds endurance, increases muscle strength with high intensity lower body movement, and involves a beginner skater all the way to an advanced skater. The skaters will earn how to race and maximize their speed potential through class working alongside other skaters.
Speed Skating Class:
The class will focus on the following key aspects of Speed Skating:
- Learning the track
- Pushing and crossover technique
- How to maximize speed potential
And much more! No experience needed! Come join the fun!
Equipment required: Bike Helmet | Knee Pads | Soccer Style Shin Guards
Ages 7 & Older | Thurs 7:45pm-8:45pm | 8-weeks $80.00* or 7-weeks $70.00*
First 2019 Session Dates – January 10th, 2019 – February 28, 2019 (8 weeks)
FEE – *In addition to class registration, LEARN TO SKATE USA MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. To join LEARN TO SKATE USA visit www.LearnToSkateUSA.com, click on skater/or parent of skater, then click on register. Print out your PDF receipt and bring it to the first class. Membership goes 7/01 – 6/30. Membership fee is $17.25
ABOUT LEARN TO SKATE USA:
- Be a member of the best skating program endorsed by U.S. Figure Skating, USA Hockey, and US Speedskating.
- Gain great information to make sure your first glides on ice are successful ones.
- Receive secondary sport accident insurance.
- Participate in lessons, performances, competitions, and all activities associated with Learn to Skate USA.
Open Session Speed Skating:
If you don’t want to enroll in the classes, you can still come and enjoy the OPEN SPEED SKATING SESSIONS
- Open Sessions times are at 7:34 – 8:45pm on the same days (Thursday) as the Speed Skating Class.
- $12 per session.
If you have questions about Speed Skating at Sprinker contact: Jared Bucci | Phone: 253-798-4121 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sprinker Recreation Center and Ice Arena in Parkland, Washington is located at
14824 C St S, Tacoma, WA 98444
The Spokane Classic
- All 3 division distances will be run
- No Grand Elite divisions
- Beginner Juvenile through Veteran divisions
- All 2 person/mixed relays
- 3 person/mixed relays will be run instead of 4 person
- Events with 3 or fewer entries could be run with other events
- Opens will take place if time permits
- Challenging up is allowed as long as it does not change the number to heats
- Skater’s name must be on the members list @ USARollerSports.org
- Coaches, please mark YES or NO on application if they are on the list
- $30 first event
- $10 each additional event
- Spectators FREE
- Friday, April 26, 5:00pm ‐ 7:00pm, $5
- 95′ x 175′ Maple Rotunda with new WP‐8
- Entries postmarked by Friday, April 10, 2019
Pattison’s North Roller Skating Center
11309 N. Mayfair Rd
- Take Division Street exit off of I‐90
- Head North for 6 miles and take a left onto Falcon St.
- In elite division, all 3 races will be run
- Northwest League Rules will be followed regarding divisions with heats in the long race
- Heat distance could be shortened to save time
- No 4 person relays
- Opens will take place if time permits
- All RV’s staying on the rink property must contact Shaun @509-481-5822 to ensure a spot
- Send questions to Shaun Pattison (Pattison01@gmail.com)
- Please submit entries to Robin Olson (email@example.com)
Information will be posted as soon as it is available.
“🏁 USA Roller Sports and the Speed Committee are excited to announce that the 2019 Road Championships will be held at Pikes Peak International Raceway! “
— Please plan to utilize the rain day. Weather in Colorado in May is unknown. It is recommended to book your travel as late as possible on your rain day.
— Plan to skate in the rain if needed on the road. COLORADO SPRINGS WEATHER