USARS has completed its new Online Registration Portal. All new or renewing athletes, coaches, officials, officers, and clubs/teams should go to http://usars.rsportz.com/pages/membership-type to renew their USARS membership for the 2017-2018 season.
Remember, all skaters and USARS members, whether they are competing at meets or not, must have a valid Amateur Card (membership card). You are not allowed to participate in team practices without one either. If you had a card last season, it expired August 31, 2017.
Some things to note:
- Your login and password from last year is no longer valid. You will need to choose a new login
- Everyone will get a new membership number
- The old skater/club lookup tool is gone
- Online registration requires payment by Credit Card
- If you do not wish to register using the Online Registration Portal or do not wish to pay by credit card, you can mail in the paper Membership Application which is available at Forms.USARS.us
More information about the new USARS Online Registration Portal is available here.
Don’t miss this opportunity to skate at one of the most fun venues in the USA, the U.S. Olympic Training Center Velodrome in Colorado Springs. Skaters of all ages and abilities are encouraged to participate. Entry forms and fees must be received by August 28, 2017. See the official USARS event page for details.
Next October the world will see Olympic Rings for Inline Speed Skating! Buenos Aires will host the Youth Olympic Games October 1-12, 2018. Qualifying skaters will be selected from World Championships in Holland next July. It will be a tough year for our Youth skaters: only 1 from a country, only 12 participants total, over all placements for the 500m 1000m and 5k.
From the official Qualification System papers, word for word.
“To be eligible to participate in the Youth Olympic Games, athletes must have been born between 1 January 2000 and 31 December 2003.”
Only 8 months until Worlds. Short rest then time to get training!
Youth Olympics 2018 Buenus Aires Argentina. This special event for speed skating is all settled. In all fairness to everyone let me make clear the key points, as there is a lot of confusion & mis- information regarding it.
- The 12 boys & 12 girls under 19 will be picked from the First Week in July World Championships in Heerde Holland. Those who are 19 have been excluded from the junior grade from 2018. Finish this worlds get home get re-organized a short break & Bingo only 8 months left.
- The events that the participants will be picked from are the same 3 events that will be raced for the overall 1 set of medals on the Bank track, 500 meters, 1,000 meters & 5,000 Elimination. No use winning one & not doing anything in the others or else you will miss out.
- The first 5 overall of the 3 events will be picked but they must be from different countries. If for instance 1st was Colombia & 5th was Colombia, whoever was 6th would be awarded the place.
- Next are the top ones from each of the 5 continents but none are to be from a country already selected. So now we will have 5 continents & the 5 skaters can be from anywhere as long as not from a country already represented.
- The host country Argentina is allowed 1 boy & 1 girl.
- The IOC is allowed a wild card 1 boy & 1 Girl. But still only 1 boy & 1 Girl from each country, even after the IOC have included their Wildcard.
- SKATERS READY TO ROLL AT BUENOS AIRES 2018!
- IOC Youth Olympic Games Website
- Buenos Aires 2018 Youth Olympic Games Website
- Buenos Aires 2018 Youth Olympic Games facebook page
- IOC Youth Olympic Games facebook page
We wanted to get out some basic info for the Tacoma Invitational. We are excited to be hosting this for our 4th straight year. We know it’s early on in the season so we added some fun events for those of you who aren’t quite ready to race division yet. We are doing a 3 person. It’s 3 laps 3 times. The teams can be made of of all guys, all girls or mixed. In addition we will still have our 3 person pro-am race, where you will get to pick your favorite NSC skater to compete on your team. And we are also still doing the 100m Time Trial. Please spread the word.
NSC trials will be hosted during the meet like previous years, and the NSC pro night will be on Sat night. We are working the schedule so we can add some of the younger divisions to race during NSC pro night to showcase some of the younger talent in our sport.
See all of you soon. Robin Olson will be sending out the entry forms to your Coaches soon. If you have any questions you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Beginner and Elite divisions will be run (no grand divisions)
- Beginners will have 2 distances (short and middle)
- Elite division skaters will have 3 distances
- NSC Tryouts Men and Women
- All 2 person & 2 mixed relays
- 3 anything relays (can be 3 man/3 lady or any combo)
- 100m Time trials
- NSC Pro-Am 3 person draw relays
- ENTRY FEES
- $30 for elite division
- $20 for beginner division
- $15 for additional division
- If you skate both beginner and elite it is only $45
- Relays $15 each
- If you are only skating relays and not division, you only pay $15 per relay. There is NO first event fee!
- $10.00 for the 3 person Pro-Am relay
- $5.00 for the 100m Time trials
- $75.00 for NSC Tryouts (Must be 15 or older as of 1/1/18)
- Free Admission for SPECTATORS
- $5.00 practice at 7:30am on Saturday Morning
Saturday, November 18th 2017
715 S 11th St Tacoma WA 98405
Doors Open 5:30pm
Racing Starts 6:30pm
If you like watching racing sports this event is for you. Action packed racing on inline speed skates with the worlds best men and women indoor inline speed skaters. All ages welcome, kids under 6 get in FREE. For a 15 dollar ticket you can’t find a better bang for your buck. The Tacoma Armory is located on 11th and Yakima in Downtown Tacoma, next to Bates Technically College. Parking is Free on the weekends. You can get tickets at the door or at shop.pronsc.com. Hope to see you there.
2017 NSC Tac-Town Invitational Schedule (11/13/17)
facebook event page
|WHEN:||December 9th and 10th, 2017.|
|DIVISIONS:||Novice Juvenile divisions and up. All Elite divisions except for Grands. 2-person relays except Primary and Esquire.
Events with 3 or less entries may be run with other events.
|ENTRY FEE:||$30 for the first event and $15 for each additional event. $15 for relays only if not skating individual events.|
|PRACTICE:||Friday, December 8th, 5:00pm – 7:00pm Cost is $5.00.|
|FLOOR SIZE:||800 x 1500 with new plastic. 8 skaters may be run on the starting line.|
|DEADLINE:||Entries received by Friday, December 1, 2017. Make one check payable to Skagit Skate. Please use our signup sheet.|
|Friday, Dec. 8:||Practice 5:00pm – 7:00pm|
|Saturday, Dec. 9:||Doors Open 6:00am. Racing starts at 6:30am|
|Sunday, Dec. 10:||Doors Open 6:30am. Racing starts at 7:00am|
|DIVISIONS:||In Novice and Elite divisions, all 3 distance races will be ran. The long distance race will be a final and will be a rolling start if there are more than 8 skaters. Start position will be determined by order of points with the skater with the highest total in first and so on. Skaters without points will draw cards to determine starting position.|
|RELAYS:||Heat distance could be shortened to 20 laps to save time.|
DIRECTIONS TO THE RINK
|DIRECTIONS:||From I-5 take exit 230 and head East onto Highway 20. Turn right onto Burlington Blvd heading South. Turn left onto Cedar St. heading East. Skagit Skate is located on the right hand side of Cedar St.|
|FAIRFIELD MARIOTT:||3.1 miles from the rink. We currently have a block of rooms at the hotel at $94 per night. Let them know you are with the “Speed Group”.||(360)757-2717|
|COCUSA MOTEL:||Less than 1 mile from rink.||(360)757-6044|
|HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS:||1.1 miles from the rink.||(360)755-7338|
|HAMPTON INN:||1.5 miles from the rink.||(360)757-7100|
- January 13, 14 & 15, 2018
- First Event: $30.00 Each Additional Event: $15.00
- Entries due by Friday, December 29, 2018
- Free admission for all spectators
- Simmons Racing booth
- Custom meet t-shirts (tentative)
- 50/50 raffles each day
Practice: 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm – $5.00
- Doors Open 5:00 am to 1pm
- Warm Ups 5:30 am
- Beginner Middle Distance
- Elite Middle Distance
- 4 Person Relays
- Opens $10.00
- Awards for 4 Person Relays
- Doors Open 5:30 am to 1:00 pm
- Warm Ups 5:45 am
- Beginner Short Distance
- Elite Short Distance
- 3 Person & Mixed Relays
- Awards for 3 Person Relays
- 100m Time Trials $5.00
- Doors Open 5:30 am to 2:00 pm
- Warm Ups 5:45 am
- Beginner Long Distance
- Elite Long Distance
- Awards for Beginner & Elite Divisions
- 2 Person & Mixed Relays
- Awards for 2 Person Relays
- Photo Finish
- No elite “grand’ divisions
- 3 Year Novice Cap in effect
- Awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Club relays only, no cross-teaming
- Freshly coated Roll-on 165′ X 80′ maple floor
- Beginner juvenile through beginner veteran
- Relay heats may be shortened due to time constraints
- Challenging up & skating Beginner and Elite is allowed
Phone: 253-833-4990 Fax: 253-833-0821
Mail checks to:
Auburn Speed Team
1825 Howard Rd.
Auburn WA 98002
Welcome to the 2018 Battle In Seattle at Pattisons’s West Skating Center in Federal Way, WA. Thank you for your continued support of the Battle in Seattle, an event that has spanned three decades and continues to be one of the premier indoor events in the USA. The Pattison family is always thankful for the nationwide support we have received and continue to receive. We are looking forward to another epic year of racing!!
— The Pattison Family
Past participants include:
Men: Joey Mantia, Michael Cheek, Justin Stelly, Jarrett Paul, Michael Ringer, Brandon Hall, Donovan Sellers, Tanner Worley, Caleb Wakefield, Zac Sagiao, Wesley Gandy, Cooper McLeod, KC Boutiette, Sabian Tinson
Women: Erin Jackson, Franchesca Bell, Kelsey Helman, Corie Stoddard, Mariah Richardson, McKenzie Browne, Chelsea LeGault, Melissa Perry
Race Results and Commentary from the As I Was Saying Blog
March 9-11, 2018 at Pattisons West Skating Center in Federal Way, WA, home of Pattison’s Team Xtreme. Sunday morning is daylight saving time (DST). We will adjust the schedule accordingly to compensate for the lost hour of sleep.
Thursday, March 8th, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
90’ x 180’ Maple rotunda with fresh WP8 plastic. 8 skaters may be run on the starting line. Widely considered “Fastest floor in the nation.” Fastest official Lap time recorded is 8.28 seconds. We will clean the track regularly throughout the competition to ensure optimal skating conditions.
Entries must be postmarked by Friday, February 23rd, 2018. Make one check payable to Pattison’s West. Please use our sign-up spreadsheet and relays forms. Electronic format available (XLS).
On I-5 take exit 142B. Turn right at Denny’s restaurant. Go 3/10 of a mile, rink is on your left side. Light grey building with a blue strip around the top.
Host Hotel Sponsor
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hampton Inn for March 8, 2018 – March 11, 2018. The special room rate will be available until February 19th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
Normal Rate: $199
Discounted Rate: $119/Night
Group Name: Battle in Seattle
Group Code: BIS
To register at this discounted rate, register at THIS LINK
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way
31720 Gateway Center Blvd S
Federal Way WA 98003
– RACE INFORMATION –
Events and Rates
- $35 First Even, $15 Each Additional Event
- Pro Division: $50
- Spectators: FREE
- Vendor Booths available for $200
- Premium medals for podium finishers
- All Elite Divisions (No Grand)
- Novice Divisions (Juvenile-Esquire)
- 2 Person and 2 Mix Relays: $15 (Primary, Elementry, Sophomore, Senior, Classic, Master, Veteran)
- 3 Person Relays: $10 (3 any-person for Juvenile, 3 Mix and 3 Person for Freshman, Senior, and Master)
- 4 person Relays: $15 (4 Mix Only)
- 4 person Draw Relays: $10
- Opens: $10
- Time Trial: $10
- 6 Grand Champion Races
- In Novice and Elite divisions, all 3 distance races will be run
- Events with 3 or fewer entries may be run with other events
- The Long distance race will be an automatic final and will be a rolling start if there are more than 8 skaters. Start position will be determined by order of points with the skater with the highest total in first and so on. Skaters without points will draw cards to determine starting position before the race
- Only skaters who have skated for fewer than 3 years are eligible to skate in novice events
- Heat distance could be shortened to save time
- Events with 3 or fewer entries may be run with other events
- Only out-of-region skaters may cross team with other out-of-region competitors for relays
4 Person Draw Relays
- Random draw for skaters from all teams who sign up
- Juvenile and under
- Elementary and Freshman
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior, and Classic
- Masters and above
*Coaches, please use your discretion when determining a skater’s ability to do the 4 person draw relay. This is for the safety of all teams.
- Juvenile and below: 10 Laps
- Elementary and Freshman: 15 Laps
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Classic: 30 Laps
- Grand Classic and above (at least 30 years old): 20 Laps
*Skaters will draw cards to determine position. Prize money to be awarded, determined by the number of participants.
- “Fastest Girl/Man on Skates!”
- Rolling start 100m,on what is regarded as one of, if not the”fastest floor in the nation.”
- Prize money determined by number of participants
- Track record 8.28 sec.
– GRAND CHAMPION EVENTS –
Junior Grand Champion
First, second, and third from Elite Freshman and below qualify for the 10 laps race. All 3 placements will receive a premium podium metal. Winner receives top of the line Vie13 Grand Champion Battle in Seattle skin suit and a $100 cash prize.
First, second, and third from Elite Sophomore through Senior, qualify for the 15 lap race. All 3 placements will receive a premium podium metal. Winner receives top of the line Vie13 Grand Champion Battle in Seattle skin suit and a $100 cash prize.
Senior Grand Champion
First, second, and third from Elite Classic and above qualify for the 10 laps race. $100 to the winner. All 3 placements will also will receive a premium podium metal. Winner receives top of the line Vie13 Grand Champion Battle in Seattle skin suit and a $100 cash prize.
– PRO EVENTS –
Pro Woman and Mens Division
- Sophomore and up
- 1500m ,500m ,3000m
- Roundtrip (Standby tickets with Restrictions) to anywhere Southwest Airlines flies to men’s and women’s pro champions
- Large CA$H prize to be awarded to men’s and women’s pro champions
- $1,000 1st, $300 2nd, $100 3rd for me’n and women’s champions
- Custom Vie13 Grand Champion Battle in Seattle skin suit
- !!!SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT !!! Winners will receive an automatic bid to NSC 2018 season. If winner has already qualified then it is awarded to 2nd place, and so on. More details HERE.
– OTHER INFORMATION –
Meet Director: Shaun Pattison
Announcer: Ross Creveling
Head Referee: Brandon Hardaway
Referees: Mike Wong, Kim Eger, Bryan Howell, Jeremy Howard, Bryan Hayes
Tabulator: Robin Olson
Placement judges – Tammy Murray and Robin Olson
Placement Results Coordinator: Rachel Pfander
Results Publisher: Teri Howell
Check-in Stewards – Cathy Ream and Tara Wedlund
Event Coordinators: Mike and Darin Pattison
Schedule and Program: Robin Olson
Pattison’s West and Team Xtreme would like to thank all our sponsors. Please come and visit them at the Battle in Seattle.