Dear Athletes, Coaches, and Parents,
Due to the recent worldwide events involving the Coronavirus, it is with great disappointment that we have decided to postpone the Battle in Seattle speed skating competition until further notice. Recent developments locally have led us to make this unfortunate decision. As of today, our local school district suspended all after school activities through the month of March. Local expos, sporting events and other large gatherings have also been postponed or cancelled. We have also been getting word from local skaters that they do not intend to compete in the Battle because of the unknown. We didn’t want to rush to any conclusions on a decision, but it seems now is the time given the event is in less than 2 weeks. We sincerely apologize to anyone with travel accommodations already made. We hope that you understand this decision is based solely on public health.
We are grateful to the Auburn Speed Team, who has graciously offered us to take their weekend for their competition in April, originally scheduled for April 25-26th. Because of financial commitments made for this meet we still hope to be able to host a competition in the near future if the outlook improves.
We will keep you posted. Thank you.
– The Pattison Family