2019-2020 NorthWest Region Meet Schedule
- February 8-9, 2020: NSC Tac-Town Invitational (Tacoma Armory)
- March 20-22, 2020: Battle in Seattle (Federal Way)
- April ???, 2020: Spokane Classic
- May/June ???, 2020: Northwest Regional Championships (Location T.B.D.)
- May 14-18, 2020: USA Track & Road Championships – Location T.B.D.
- July 24 – July 31, 2020: Indoor National Championships – Cedar Rapids, IA
- April 1-5, 2020: Inline Speed Banked Track Camp – Location T.B.D.
- February 8-9, 2020: NSC 32 – Professional Speed Skating – Tacoma Armory
- July 11 – 18, 2020; Inline Speed Skating World Championships – Cartagena de Indias, Colombia
- August 30 – September 02, 2019: America’s Inline Cup – Hollywood, FL
- October 20, 2019: Saguaro Sunrise Skate (f) – Oro Valley, AZ
- January 16 – 20, 2020: 2020 Americas Cup Championship of Clubs – Orlando, FL
- January 18 – 20, 2020: Emerald Coast Inline Challenge – Milton, FL
- February 14 – 16, 2020: Blue Ridge Challenge Inline & Quad Speed Skating Competition – Roanoke, VA
- July 21, 2020: Chicagoland Inline Marathon – Hoffman Estates, IL
As I Was Saying
Get play-by-play results and commentary on many events from the NorthWest’s very own Ami at her AS I WAS SAYING blog.
SSNW Events Calendar
Live-streaming National Championships HERE
Spectator Fees for the 2019 National Championships:
$15 per day or one may purchase a multi-day pass and save $5 per day. Packages will be available for 3, 5 and 7 day increments at at $30, $50 and $70.
Registered athletes entered to compete, USARS coaches, approved National Championship officials, staff and vendors along with Children Under 7, Active Military, and RSA Rink Owners will incur no admission fee to attend. But, must possess event credentials or be issued wristbands at the registration desk to advance past the event entrance and security.
To date there is no information available for the parking fees per day, as they range depending on garages, lot locations and other events happening at the same time. But, for planning purposes $10-$15 is the traditional range. In and Out privileges, if permitted, also varies depending on the garage, lot location and event date.
Support our Local Roller Rinks:
11309 N Mayfair Rd
Roller Valley Skate & Event Ctr
9415 E 4th Ave
5685 N Pioneer Dr
Coeur D’Aleine, Idaho
The National SpeedSkating Circuit heads to Spokane WA on July 30th for Event 32. Witness the best women and men pro speedskaters in the world battle out races over 100m wooden oval track. The racers include current and past Olympians, … Continue reading
Original content from the As I Was Saying Blog
On Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 5:30 to 8 p.m., Pattison’s West will host a spaghetti feed in support of our four young inline speed skaters who qualified to represent the USA at the World Roller Games July 7-14, 2019, in Barcelona, Spain. The fundraiser will include raffles, auctions and a wine pull. Raffle and auction items will be accepted until the day of the event, and currently include a $600 value Salon Julian haircut, foil and haircut, color, and facial, as well as several skating-related items! The food is guaranteed to be fantastic. Skating parents have to feed their athletes, some of whom train hours daily and seem to eat constantly. What’s not to love? Great people, incredible food, fun items to bid on, wine, and skating! Don’t miss this event! World Roller Games:
To qualify to represent the USA, skaters raced at the 7-11 Olympic Velodrome for the banked track portion of the races, and at Pikes Peak Raceway for the road portion. These races replicated the competition at Worlds. They competed for points in sprints and distance races. The Juniors had the most competitors and competition was fierce, coming down to the final Elimination race on the road before the team was set. As the USA Junior World Team is made up of only 12 skaters–six each for women and men, Pattison’s Team Xtreme skaters qualified for one-quarter of the total team positions!
The Pattison’s Team Xtreme Skaters:
Corie Stoddard, who is 17, is a four-time Junior World Class Team member. She earned a silver in the grueling Elimination race on the road at last year’s Worlds, as well as a bronze on the track in the Points race. She currently is in Germany, training for Worlds as a member of Team Geisingen, and recently won the Junior European Cups at Geisingen and Gross Gereau. Corie, aka Most Determined Girl, is an Olympic hopeful in short track speed skating as well, currently named to the National Short Track Team. Corie skated just the track portion of the team trials in Colorado this year, earning the Track Champion position. Corie is entering her senior year at Keystone Online School.
Adrion Workman, 17, will represent the United States for the third time as a Junior World Class Team member. He earned a silver medal in the Road Points race last year at Worlds and is on the team as the First Distance position, dominating the distance races at team trials. In skating, Adrion is known for his smoothness and calm demeanor. Adrion will be a senior at Decatur High School next year.
Alexsis Sebastian, 15, is a first time Junior World Team member, qualifying to the team as the Road Champion. She’s a sprinter, famous for her start, but clearly, also her finish. She’s known for being a great teammate, especially for mentoring the younger skaters at practice. Alexsis, a multi-sport athlete and musician, is a ninth grader at Aylen Junior High School and will attend Puyallup High School next year.
Gabriel Lyons, 16, joins the Junior World Team for the first time this year. Strong in both sprints and distance races, he qualified to the team as Track Champion. Two-time indoor champion, Gabe is known for his work ethic and drive in whatever he pursues. He is a 10th grader at Washington Virtual Academy.
All four Team Xtreme skaters also represent the Professional National Speedskating Circuit (ProNSC): http://www.pronsc.com/
Two more Pattison’s Team Xtreme skaters earned spots on the National Team for their performances at team trials–Shya Saylor and Thalia Staehle. And two more NW skaters also qualified for the Junior World Team –Michaela Renick of Olympia, who skates for Auburn Speed, and Paige Dawson, who skates for Pattison’s Inline Racing in Spokane, WA. Caleb Wakefield, of Enumclaw, WA, already a medalist at Worlds, qualified for the Senior World Class Team.
Official Tabulator RESULTS
- 2019 NW Speed Regionals, Day 1
- 2019 NW Regional Championships, Relays, Day One
- 2019 Regional Championships June 1, 2019 (Day Two)
- 2019 Regional Championships, June 2, 2019 (Day Three)
- 2019 NW Regional Championships, Day 3, Relays
- 2019 NW Regional Championships, Afterthoughts
“🏁 USA Roller Sports and the Speed Committee are excited to announce that the 2019 Road Championships will be held at Pikes Peak International Raceway! “
— Please plan to utilize the rain day. Weather in Colorado in May is unknown. It is recommended to book your travel as late as possible on your rain day.
— Plan to skate in the rain if needed on the road. COLORADO SPRINGS WEATHER
Watch this VIDEO where Kelly Springer gives us a tour of the Velodrome and its year-round temperature-controlled Dome.
RESULTS NOT POSTED BY USARS
The Spokane Classic
- All 3 division distances will be run
- No Grand Elite divisions
- Beginner Juvenile through Veteran divisions
- All 2 person/mixed relays
- 3 person/mixed relays will be run instead of 4 person
- Events with 3 or fewer entries could be run with other events
- Opens will take place if time permits
- Challenging up is allowed as long as it does not change the number to heats
- Skater’s name must be on the members list @ USARollerSports.org
- Coaches, please mark YES or NO on application if they are on the list
- $30 first event
- $10 each additional event
- Spectators FREE
- Friday, April 26, 5:00pm ‐ 7:00pm, $5
- 95′ x 175′ Maple Rotunda with new WP‐8
- Entries postmarked by Friday, April 10, 2019
Pattison’s North Roller Skating Center
11309 N. Mayfair Rd
- Take Division Street exit off of I‐90
- Head North for 6 miles and take a left onto Falcon St.
- In elite division, all 3 races will be run
- Northwest League Rules will be followed regarding divisions with heats in the long race
- Heat distance could be shortened to save time
- No 4 person relays
- Opens will take place if time permits
- All RV’s staying on the rink property must contact Shaun @509-481-5822 to ensure a spot
- Send questions to Shaun Pattison (Pattison01@gmail.com)
- Please submit entries to Robin Olson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Speed Skating Class
Open Session Speed Skating
Do you have the need for speed? Speed skating builds endurance, increases muscle strength with high intensity lower body movement, and involves a beginner skater all the way to an advanced skater. The skaters will earn how to race and maximize their speed potential through class working alongside other skaters.
Speed Skating Class:
The class will focus on the following key aspects of Speed Skating:
- Learning the track
- Pushing and crossover technique
- How to maximize speed potential
And much more! No experience needed! Come join the fun!
Equipment required: Bike Helmet | Knee Pads | Soccer Style Shin Guards
Ages 7 & Older | Thurs 7:45pm-8:45pm | 8-weeks $80.00* or 7-weeks $70.00*
First 2019 Session Dates – January 10th, 2019 – February 28, 2019 (8 weeks)
FEE – *In addition to class registration, LEARN TO SKATE USA MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. To join LEARN TO SKATE USA visit www.LearnToSkateUSA.com, click on skater/or parent of skater, then click on register. Print out your PDF receipt and bring it to the first class. Membership goes 7/01 – 6/30. Membership fee is $17.25
ABOUT LEARN TO SKATE USA:
- Be a member of the best skating program endorsed by U.S. Figure Skating, USA Hockey, and US Speedskating.
- Gain great information to make sure your first glides on ice are successful ones.
- Receive secondary sport accident insurance.
- Participate in lessons, performances, competitions, and all activities associated with Learn to Skate USA.
Open Session Speed Skating:
If you don’t want to enroll in the classes, you can still come and enjoy the OPEN SPEED SKATING SESSIONS
- Open Sessions times are at 7:34 – 8:45pm on the same days (Thursday) as the Speed Skating Class.
- $12 per session.
If you have questions about Speed Skating at Sprinker contact: Jared Bucci | Phone: 253-798-4121 | Email: email@example.com
Sprinker Recreation Center and Ice Arena in Parkland, Washington is located at
14824 C St S, Tacoma, WA 98444
Thursday, March 14th, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
$35 first event, $15 each additional, Pro Division $50, $10 for 4 person draw relay, Opens, and Time Trials. Entry cap for skaters $125, for Pros $140
Entries postmarked by Friday, March 1st 2019. Make one check payable to Pattison’s West. Please use our Sign-up Spreadsheet and Relays Form.
90’ x 180’ Maple rotunda with fresh WP8 plastic. 8 skaters may be run on the starting line. Widely considered “Fastest floor in the nation.” We will regularly clean the track throughout the competition.
On I-5 take exit 142B (west). Turn right at Denny’s restaurant. Go 3/10 of a mile, rink is on your left side. Light grey building with a blue stripe around the top.
– RACE INFORMATION –
Brandon Hardaway, Bryan Howell, Mike Wong, Kim Eger
Rachel and Robin Pfander
All Elite Divisions (No Grand) – Novice Divisions (Juvenile – Esquire). Challenge-up is OK in beginner and Elite. If you are skating Pro, you can ONLY skate Pro Division.
In Novice and Elite Divisions, all 3 distance races will be run. The long distance race will be an automatic final and will be a rolling start if there are more than 8 skaters. Starting position will be determined by order of points accumulated so far, with the skater with the highest total in first and so on. Skaters without points will draw cards to determine starting position before the race.
- 2 Person and 2 Mix Relays (Primary, Elementary, Sophomore, Senior, Classic, Master, Veteran)
- 3 Person Relays $15 (3 man, 3 lady), 3 mix relays $15 (Juvenile 3 any person ONLY)
- Divisions: Juvenile & Below Elementary & Freshman, Sophomore – Classic, Masters, & above.
- One lap tags.
- *Coaches: please use your discretion when determining a skater’s ability to do the 3-person. This is for the safety of all.
- 4 Person Anything Relays $15
- Any combination of boy/girls from a team, but you MUST have at least 2 boy and 1 girl per team. Cross teaming allowed for this event
- Nationals lap amounts (could be shortened time permitting)
- 4 Person Draw $10 Random draw for skaters from teams who sign up. Juvenile, Freshman, Senior, Master Divisions
Fastest Woman/Man on Skates! 100 meter rolling start on the “Best Floor in the Nation”. CA$H Prize determined by number of participants. Record set in 2018 by Jonathan Blair 8.28 sec !!!
$10 (Skaters will draw cards to determine position. Prize money determined by the number of participants). We will be doing a Nascar start in the opens where contestants start side-by-side, in a rolling start if more than 8 skaters are in the race, similar to the car racing starts.
- Juvenile and below: 10 Laps
- Elementary and Freshman: 15 Laps
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Classic: 30 Laps
- Grand Classic (eligible, must be at least 30 years old) and above: 20 Laps
– GRAND CHAMPION EVENTS –
ELITE GRAND CHAMPION:
First, second, and third from Elite Sophomore through Senior, qualify for the 15 lap race. Winner will receive $100 and a Vie13 Grand Champion Battle in Seattle skin suit. All 3 placements will receive a premium podium medal.
JR. GRAND CHAMPION:
First, second, and third from Elite Freshman and below qualify for the 10 lap race. Winner will receive $100 and a Vie13 Grand Champion Battle in Seattle skin suit. All 3 placements will receive a premium podium medal.
SR. GRAND CHAMPION:
First, second, and third from Classic and above qualify for the 10 lap race. Winner will receive $100 and a Vie13 Grand Champion Battle in Seattle skin suit. All 3 placements will receive a premium podium medal.
– PRO EVENTS –
Pro Woman and Mens Division
- Sophomore and up
- 1500m ,500m ,3000m
- Roundtrip (Standby tickets with Restrictions) to anywhere Southwest Airlines flies to men’s and women’s pro champions
- Large CA$H Prize to be awarded to men’s and women’s pro champions
- $1,000 1st, $300 2nd, $100 3rd for me’n and women’s champions
- Custom Vie13 Grand Champion Battle in Seattle skin suit
- !!! SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT !!! Winners will receive an automatic bid to NSC 2018 season. If winner has already qualified then it is awarded to 2nd place, and so on. More details HERE.
– PAST PARTICIPANTS –
Past participants include:
Men: Joey Mantia, Michael Cheek, Justin Stelly, Jarrett Paul, Michael Ringer, Brandon Hall, Donovan Sellers, Tanner Worley, Caleb Wakefield, Zac Sagiao, Wesley Gandy, Cooper McLeod, KC Boutiette, Sabian Tinson, Jonathan Blair, Adrion Workman
Women: Erin Jackson, Franchesca Bell, Kelsey Helman, Corie Stoddard, Mariah Richardson, McKenzie Browne, Chelsea LeGault, Melissa Perry
– THANK YOU –
Thank you for your continued support of the Battle in Seattle, a mid-season classic that spans three decades and continues to be one of the premier indoor speed skating events in the USA. The Pattison family is always thankful for the nationwide support we have received and continue to receive. We are looking forward to another epic year of racing!!
— The Pattison Family
Race Results and Commentary from the As I Was Saying Blog