Speed Skating Class
Open Session Speed Skating
Do you have the need for speed? Speed skating builds endurance, increases muscle strength with high intensity lower body movement, and involves a beginner skater all the way to an advanced skater. The skaters will earn how to race and maximize their speed potential through class working alongside other skaters.
Speed Skating Class:
The class will focus on the following key aspects of Speed Skating:
- Learning the track
- Pushing and crossover technique
- How to maximize speed potential
And much more! No experience needed! Come join the fun!
Equipment required: Bike Helmet | Knee Pads | Soccer Style Shin Guards
Ages 7 & Older | Thurs 7:45pm-8:45pm | 8-weeks $80.00* or 7-weeks $70.00*
Session 1 – September 6th – October 25th (8 weeks)
Session 2 – November 1st – December 13th (7 weeks) (NO CLASS NOV. 22nd)
FEE – *In addition to class registration, LEARN TO SKATE USA MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. To join LEARN TO SKATE USA visit www.LearnToSkateUSA.com, click on skater/or parent of skater, then click on register. Print out your PDF receipt and bring it to the first class. Membership goes 7/01 – 6/30. Membership fee is $17.25
ABOUT LEARN TO SKATE USA:
- Be a member of the best skating program endorsed by U.S. Figure Skating, USA Hockey, and US Speedskating.
- Gain great information to make sure your first glides on ice are successful ones.
- Receive secondary sport accident insurance.
- Participate in lessons, performances, competitions, and all activities associated with Learn to Skate USA.
Open Session Speed Skating:
If you don’t want to enroll in the classes, you can still come and enjoy the OPEN SPEED SKATING SESSIONS
- Open Sessions times are at 7:34 – 8:45pm on the same days (Thursday) as the Speed Skating Class.
- The first Open Session is November 1, 2018.
- $12 per session.
If you have questions about Speed Skating at Sprinker contact: Jared Bucci | Phone: 253-798-4121 | Email: email@example.com
Sprinker Recreation Center and Ice Arena in Parkland, Washington is located at
14824 C St S, Tacoma, WA 98444
at Auburn Skate – Auburn, WA
- January 19, 20, & 21, 2019
- First Event: $30.00, Each Additional Event: $15.00
- Free admission for all spectators
- Simmons Racing booth
- Entries due by Friday, December 28, 2018
FRIDAY 18th – Practice: 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm – $5.00
Opens and Time Trials will be run as time permits (payment at time of event)
- Photo Finish
- Awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
- Beginner Juvenile through Beginner Veteran
- 3 Year Novice Cap in effect
- Challenging up & skating Beginner and Elite is allowed
- No elite “Grand’ divisions
- Relay heats may be shortened due to time constraints
- Club relays only, no cross-teaming
- Freshly coated Roll-on 165′ X 80′ maple floor
- NSC Track will be in place
Best Western Plus Mountain View Auburn Inn
- 401 8th St SW, Auburn, WA 98001
- Phone: 253-887-7600
- Rate: $105/night using corporate rate under “Northwest Inline Invitational”
- Breakfasts included with option of “Sack Breakfast To Go” provided by request
Laura Gustafson, Meet Director
Phone: 253-833-4990 Fax: 253-833-0821
Email Entries to: Mike Jernquist
Please make out checks to: Auburn Speed Team and send to
Auburn Skate 1825 Howard Rd. Auburn WA 98002
RACE YOUR TURKEY OFF!
TURKEY SHOWDOWN VI
DECEMBER 1 & 2, 2018
SKATE TIFFANY’S – PUYALLUP, WA
THE SEASON OPENER IS HERE!
ENTRY DEADLINE: FRIDAY, NOV 16th, 2018
Freshly Sanded & Coated with WP8 -180×90 HARD ROCK MAPLE
The NSC Track will be raced on as requested by all regional reps at the National Championships meeting to see how we can improve safety and competitiveness of the track. Coaches, please give our Regional Rep, Dennis King, feedback after the event so he can report back to the committee.
Friday, November 30, 2018
3:00pm – 5:00pm – Practice ($5)
Saturday, December 1, 2018
5:30am – Doors Open
6:00am – Beginner Middle Finals
6:30am – Elite Middle Heats
7:30am – Elite Middle Finals
8:50am – Beginner Short Finals
9:15am – Elite Short Heats
9:55am – 2 Mixed Draw Relays Heats/Finals
11:45am – Awards
Sunday, December 2, 2018
5:30am – Doors Open
6:00am – Elite Short Finals
7:00am – 2 Person Draw Relays
9:30am – 3 Anything Draw Relays
Opens (TIME PERMITTING · No Charge)
11:30am – Awards
$50 Flat Entry Includes:
1 Division & ALL Draw Relays
(TINY TOTS ONLY: $10 I No Relays)
If you’d like to Crossover Elite/Beg Division or Challenge Up, it is $10 for Each Additional Division Skated.
Be sure to “X” all Relays you would like be entered into on your registration form.
If you have any questions, email Robin Olson:
EVENT T-SHIRT ORDERS!
Pre-Order Your Event T-Shirt $15 -or -Zip Hoodies $35
Limited T-Shirt Order of Only 75 to be Printed for Weekend Sales,
so be sure to Pre-Order!
Zip-Hoodies Available for Pre-Orders ONLY, NOT available the weekend of.
Youth & Adult Sizes Available for T-Shirts & Hoodies.
Please mark on your registration accordingly.
(Ex: YXS, YS, YM, YL, AS, AM, AL, AXL, AXXL)
HOST HOTEL: $109/Night
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Plaza Hotel 8< Conference Center
620 South Hill Park Drive | Puyallup. WA 9B373
(253)286-8408 Direct, (253)770-0754 Fax, (253) 848-1500 Front Desk
Email Dennis King for Entry Forms:
As I Was Saying blog race results and commentary